Today it finally snowed! I could not be happier. I do not always claim to love snow, especially when it inconveniences my weekend plans, or a fun getaway; but when it’s a early or mid-week snow, the DC metro area shuts down. Growing up in Jersey, I am totally acclimated to snow, but down here it’s a whole new world. Schools close, grocery stores are packed, and there is no such thing as treating the roads. My philosophy is generally, let it snow when the timing is as perfect as this.
I was going to post today about some of my Spring Favorites, including the booties I have been wearing in various Instagram posts, but I had to forgo the initial idea for the post, and instead celebrate snow. I cannot remember the last time we had a March snow storm. This winter has been warmer (praise hands) and very conducive for traveling and being outside. While we have had some bitter cold days, we utterly skirted poor weather. Last year the school district I work for had about 10+ snow days, so we really thought we were off the hook. My districted actually moved our last day of school up due to the lack of snow. And, after today we not only get to keep the new school schedule but we got a well deserved break in March – the longest month of this school year.
Today, I was able to do some of my favorite things, including bake my all time favorite chocolate chip bread and I’m trying a new recipe for a banana chocolate chip bread in an hour. I was able to play outside in the snow with my one year old Golden Retriever, Utley. I have also started reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett; I cannot believe I have not read this book yet – it’s amazing already. It was such a great day, and I am refreshed and ready to return to work tomorrow. I have linked all of my outfit details directly below, and the recipe for my Chocolate Chip Bread at the very bottom! Thanks for visiting and happy snow day if you have one!
Leggings – Lou & Grey (on sale right now, 2 for $40) // Jacket – The North Face // Boots – Danner // Headband – The North Face (the black seems to be unavailable) // My Scarf is J.Crew, but it was Holiday and is off the website
Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
Servings – 9 // Prep Time – 10 minutes // Bake Time – 55 minutes
2 Cups Flour // 1 tsp. Baking Powder // 1 cup Sugar // 1 cup Whole Milk // 1 cup Chocolate Chips // 1/4 tsp. Salt // 1/2 cup butter – room temperature // 1 large brown egg // 2 tsp. vanilla
- Pre-hear the oven to 350.
- Spray a loaf pan with PAM or grease it in some other fashion.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in one bowl – put off to the side.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg until smooth on a low setting.
- Being mixing the flour mixture into the liquid mixture, alternating some of the flour mixture with some of the Whole Milk. Use an electric mixer until both bowls, and the milk are combined and smooth.
- Add in the cup of chocolate chips – saving some to sprinkle on top (or use the whole cup and sprinkle more from the bag on top)
- Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes until the loaf is golden brown.
- Enjoy – with butter on top or plain, but definitely with a cup of coffee!